CHURCH OUTREACH AND TRAINING
- Provide Orthodox publications, Bibles, prayer books, icon prayer cards, and catechism courses to those in prison.
- Link prisoners to Orthodox priests.
- Provide spiritual guidance and publications to families of people in prison.
- Educate and train clergy and laity on prison ministry.
- Provide ongoing guidance to priests and parishioners on prison ministry.
- Disseminate publications to churches on prison ministry.
- Provide ongoing guidance to those released from prison.
- Spiritual guidance and emotional support is given to the formerly incarcerated via phone, text messages, emails, mail and/or in person.
Quick Facts about OCPM
1,000 MEN AND WOMEN
HAVE EMBRACED THE ORTHODOX FAITH.
OCPM ministers to nearly 1,000 men and women who are in prison or who have recently been released. Many have embraced the Orthodox Faith, while others who were already Orthodox found their way back to The Church.
- Five men have been tonsured Orthodox monks in prison and several others have become Iconographers.
- There are currently over 300 Orthodox catechumens in jails and prisons across America.
- Many of the men and women whose lives have been touched by OCPM are now out of prison and leading productive, Christ-centered lives as active members of their local parishes.
- OCPM has published 8 books and distributed more than one million copies to prisons.
- Over two million icon prayer cards have been printed and distributed.
- OCPM ministers monthly to more than 300 homeless and needy people, including families of those in prison.
- OCPM sends 1,000’s of personal letters to those in prison each year offering them spiritual guidance and hope.
We all need prayers, most especially our loved ones in prison.
ICON PRAYER CARDS HAVE BEEN PRINTED AND DISTRIBUTED
ORTHODOX CATECHUMENS IN JAILS AND PRISONS ACROSS AMERICA
MONTHLY MINISTRY TO HOMELESS AND FAMILIES OF THOSE IN PRISON
DISTRIBUTED TO PRISONS THAT WERE PUBLISHED BY OCPM
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
His Eminence, The Most Reverend Mark, Archbishop of Philadelphia and Eastern Pennsylvania, OCA
- The Right Rev. Archimandrite Duane Pederson
- OCPM Founder/Director of Aftercare
- The Rev. Stephen Powley
- Executive Director
- Paul Politis
- Director of Operations
- Shaun Zossima Daugherty
- Director of Prison Correspondence
- Eugenia Ordynsky, Esq.
- Nicholas J. Furris
- Vice Chairman
- The Very Rev. John Kowalczyk
- Eric Namee, Esq.
- Joy Corey
- Eric Grant, Esq.
- Jonathan de Jong
- Dr. Carla Thomas
OCPM is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization; all donations are tax-deductible. This ministry relies on the support of faithful contributors. For added convenience, you can now donate securely online using your credit or debit card or send your donation via postal mail.